Saving lives

i forgot to include this story in my previous post cos it counts as news excuse the phone camera picture anyways, so this is the...

i forgot to include this story in my previous post
cos it counts as news

excuse the phone camera picture
anyways, so this is the story:

i am anaemic. so i have to work really hard to keep my iron levels high enough to donate blood.
Last year my iron was so bad that they told me to come donate in a years time.
A whole year! :(

so i did, i could finally donate again the beginning of this year.
cool.
then i was due to go again and they couldn't take my blood cos my blood pressure was too low.
they said i should try eat something salty before i came the next time.
so i did
but it didn't work  
and neither did the next attempt
(maybe cos i didn't give the salt enough time to kick in, cos i was in a hurry)

and then on Monday i ate my salty chips AND i ran up the stairs in the mall and finally my blood pressure was alright to give blood!
yay!
also it took between 5-7 mins to donate, my fastest time yet :)
i was happy 
:E

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Well my story is when I donated they first tried my left arm, but the blood diddnt come at a faster pace. Then they used my right arm and it was okay. The lady kept on asking if I was okay because I am skinny by nature. But I was fine. And the needle, you just have to be brave......And you are trully kind and brave to do this
    Caspar

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks Caspar. and you are very skinny, you do know you have to weigh more than 50kgs to donate... :P, haha

    ReplyDelete

Instagram