Good morning starshine, the world says hello!

Life plans for Austen as of 11 July 2013: um, travel, and stuff. Yeah. As I type this, I'm sitting in a bus bound to Port Elizabeth. It...

Life plans for Austen as of 11 July 2013: um, travel, and stuff. Yeah.

As I type this, I'm sitting in a bus bound to Port Elizabeth. It's 4am. I am not sure at all how my fellow passengers are able to sleep so soundly sitting practically upright. I, clearly, have no bus skills.
Unattainable life gems, come to me!

I also don't have great 'typing in the dark' skills.
They both could look good on my CV.

Return with me to the bus. It's really warm in the bus. REALLY. WARM.

The air vents that I have directed onto me seem to have run out of cold air. The bus people should stock more cold air on such long trips. Really now.

Why am I on a bus to Port Elizabeth?

I have a new job there.
I think

If I don't, I will just go back to Cape Town.
Life is easy.

This is the first time I'm doing something so terribly, horribly large, rash and spontaneous, practically on my own.

Bring it on.

I got retrenched. I called a friend who, in four words, convinced me to move to Port Elizabeth. 'come work with me', she said. I closed my eyes and jumped, packed up my things and left.

Yes. I was afraid at first and I still am now. But I am quite content with my lot right now.

Here I am typing, barefoot in the dark bus, surrounded by slumbering strangers, my "weird" music playing in my ears, heading on to new things, a new life and, with it, new adventures, new challenges and new opportunities.

Feels so unreal still. Am I not going to wake up on Monday morning and transport myself to my 8 - 5 job? Am I not going to be home on the weekends with my family? Am I not going to sit at work and be envious of travellers and the stories on their travel blogs, and dream?

No.

I am excited to travel and to experience and to ultimately "find myself", and as I am not really sure where I got lost, it might take some searching. The world is a mighty large place to look for a lost soul

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. All I wanna know is; what "weird" music you were listening to

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was listening to the foals ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such exciting developments. Now blog more!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram